Superintendent’s/Principal’s Toolkit to Utilizing National Service Resources
Posted by Corporation for National and Community Service on January 22, 2018
Leverage National Service Resources
The Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) and national service programs like AmeriCorps and Senior Corps want to help your district or school – together we can improve academic achievement, student attendance, and on-time graduation rates. With federal funding from CNCS, schools across the country are using this proven source of human capital to help students succeed in school and in life.
- Over half of CNCS’s budget supports education-related programs.
- Each year 90,000 AmeriCorps members and Senior Corps volunteers provide in-school and after-school support to at-risk youth.
- Senior Corps volunteers and AmeriCorps members serve in almost 12,000 schools, including one out of every four low-performing schools.
- Use this new toolkit for superintendents, principals, and other education stakeholders to determine the best ways for you to leverage national service resources in your schools.
Toolkit: https://www.nationalservice.gov/sites/default/files/documents/SuperintendentToolkit-01102018-508.pdf — with a shout out to PHENND’s Community Partnership VISTA project on page 16!
More in "New Resources"
- New Issue of Liberal Education Magazine
- The Paradigm Project: A Call for Radical Renewal of Higher Education
- Civic and Community Engagement Benefits Topical Briefs
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.