Summer Middle School Assistant Group Leader, Sunrise of Philadelphia
Posted by Sunrise of Philadelphia on May 22, 2017
Sunrise’s summer programs for middle school students are catered for students going into 8th and 9th grade. Our summer program builds students’ 21st Century Skills, provides opportunities for them to explore post-secondary options, and prepares them to make a successful transition to high school. These programs are held at South Philadelphia High School for six weeks, Monday-Friday, July 5-August 11.
This is a part-time, seasonal position responsible for ensuring the health and safety of all enrolled students. The Assistant Group Leader is responsible for supporting students and workshop activities, making sure students are engaged and participating in all program activities.
• Manage student participation and behavior, using positive behavior tactics to get students engaged and actively participating in all daily program activities
• Available to work Monday – Friday, July 5th – August 11th, 8 AM – 3 PM. Assistant Group Leaders will spend about 15 total hours in late-June helping to plan and coordinate summer activities.
• Manage daily sign in and out sheets, ensuring students sign in upon program arrival and sign out at the end of each day
• Ensure students stay on schedule and transition smoothly from one activity to the next
• Maintain a positive class environment and provide personalized support to students
• Ensure students are using supplies and program spaces respectfully
• Assist Group Leaders and classroom instructors with daily program activities
• Provide friendly, professional service to all visitors, volunteers, clients, students, parents and monitors. Greet and monitor participants during program and dismissal times
• Attend meetings and trainings as required
*Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
*Experience working with youth in schools, afterschool/summer camp programs or community settings
*Enthusiasm for helping students become better at communicating, team work, problem solving, and being creative
*Enthusiasm for helping students explore their future career options and learning more about going to college
* Enthusiasm and dedication to improving the lives of youth and families
* Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills a plus
* Positive communication skills
* Able to work independently and as part of a team
* Friendly, courteous manner
* Commitment to on-going growth and professional development
Please send cover letter and resume to Angela Jubinville, email@example.com
Sunrise is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AT WILL EMPLOYER
- Housing Development Officer, PHDC
- Director of Finance, PHDC
- Policy Advocacy and Outreach Associate, Nature Conservancy – Aug 29
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.