Summer Job Opportunities for Youth Aged 17-24
Posted by Rutgers Camden on June 7, 2022
Do you know of a youth aged 17-24 who is looking for full-time summer work opportunities?
This summer, the Division of Diversity, Inclusion, and Civic Engagement has partnered with the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection to provide jobs for youth in Camden and Pennsauken who are interested in learning more about environmental justice and sustainability.
Youth will be given the opportunity to:
- Engage with nature while gaining valuable hands-on conservation experience
- Understand the management and regulation of New Jersey’s air, land, and water quality
- Develop local and invasive plant species identification skills
This program will offer youth an avenue for learning the skills necessary for pursuing a career in environmental protection, conservation, and stewardship. Youth will be provided with an orientation to environmental protection, followed by five weeks of rotational experiences across the entire state of New Jersey with learning about the environment, sustainability, field trips to aquariums and wastewater treatment plants, marking and maintaining nature trails, urban fishing program education, helping to deliver nature programs and so much more.
- Jobs will run between July-August.
- Learn more about Rebuild’s skilled trades Winter 2024 academies – Jan 9
- Special Assistant to the President/CEO and Board Liaison, Philadelphia Education Fund
- Learning & Outreach Coordinator, Hope Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.