Summer Interns, Philadelphia Community Corps
Posted by Philadelphia Community Corps on April 25, 2016
Philadelphia Community Corps seeking summer interns!
Interested in being a part of a dynamic, rapidly developing nonprofit organization? We are currently seeking motivated, versatile interns to join our team for the summer!
The Philadelphia Community Corps is a nonprofit deconstruction and material salvage organization that focuses on career development. We provide job training programs that empower underserved citizens to revitalize blighted neighborhoods by deconstructing vacant buildings and salvaging the materials for reuse. To learn more, visit our website at http://www.philadelphiacommunitycorps.org.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Alex McNeil – email@example.com, by May 16th.
Please see the job descriptions and qualifications below for more information. All positions require about 8 – 12 hours/week, preferably two to three days a week in our North East Philadelphia office. These are unpaid/volunteer internships.
Marketing and Communication Intern Job Description
The Marketing and Communication Intern will assist the Managing Director in developing and spreading the organization’s brand and messaging. This includes, but is not limited to, maintaining the social media accounts and website; creating information packets, flyers and other promotional materials; and maintaining consistent communication with our clients, supporters and advisers.
● Design brochures, flyers, infographics and other marketing material
● Develop and update the PCC website
● Work with sales and development teams to plan, write and manage monthly eNewsletter to customers, donors and advisers
● Update and maintain PCC’s social media presence on a regular basis
● Help with development of PSAs and content for social media and web site.
● Help develop outreach and marketing campaigns to raise awareness about the mission, activities and goals of the organization.
● Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
● Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
● Previous experience in marketing or communications positions is a plus
● Proficiency in basic word processing, PowerPoint, Excel required
● Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired. Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus
● An effective communicator, both written and oral
● Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
● Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
● Experience with Google Forms, Doodle, Wiggio, or similar online resources prefered
● Must have reliable transportation
Fundraising and Development Intern Job Description
The Fundraising and Development Intern will work with the Managing Director to identify and pursue funding sources to expand organizational capacity. This includes, but is not limited to, grants, corporate giving, individual giving and in-kind donations. The intern will also help prepare for the launch of our fundraising campaign in the fall. The Intern will gain valuable experience in marketing, fundraising and revenue generation and tracking for nonprofit organizations.
● Work with staff to develop a list of current and prospective donors
● Assist in organizing and implementation of awareness and giving campaigns
● Assist in planning fundraising and networking events
● Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions and venues for fundraising
● Assist in processing donations and preparing acknowledgement letters and donor correspondence
● Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations, Hospitality, Nonprofit Management, or other relevant major).
● Previous experience in marketing or communications is a plus.
● Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel). Knowledge of Word Press a plus.
● An effective communicator, both written and oral.
● Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts.
● Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
● Interest in nonprofit development/fundraising.
● Experience with Google Forms, Doodle, Wiggio, or similar online resources prefered.
● Must have reliable transportation
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Partners Needed: Safe-Hub Tent-or-Treat – Oct 29
- Mayor’s Volunteer Corps Portal
- Volunteers Needed: NUAD Violence Prevention Program
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.