Summer Enrichment Youth Group Leader, Norris Square Community Alliance
Posted by Norris Square Community Alliance on May 16, 2023
We are recruiting multiple Group Leaders for our OST Summer Program! Secure your summer job early!
The Youth Group Leader is assigned to an elementary or middle school age classroom of 11 to 15 children. The Group Leader provides activities in three focus areas: Creative and Performing Arts, Athletics and Health or STEM. The 2023 Summer Enrichment Program is a 6-week, in-person, 5 days per week course. Summer Schedule is as follows: Mondays thru Thursdays 12:00pm – 4:00pm; Fridays 8:00am – 4:00pm.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of daily activities.
- Engage youth in activities that increase their motivation to read and deliver structured literacy-inspired and fun programing related to Arts, Athletics/Health and STEM.
- Conduct activities for youth to identify strengths and interests and related careers, with special attention to the variety of careers in creative economy, sports industry, STEM.
- Facilitate staggered drop off and dismissal for participants as needed.
- Support teachers during specific workshops and academic focused classes.
- Organize program supplies such as pens, pencils, markers, books, and paper.
- Assist in cleaning and disinfecting classrooms areas during the day as needed.
- Attend all staff meetings, training, workshops.
- Other duties as assigned by Directors.
More in "Job Opportunities/AmeriCorps Opportunities"
- Summer Jobs at Philadelphia Parks & Recreation
- External Evaluator, Philadelphia Education Fund – Jun 26
- SERVE Philadelphia VISTA Member Development Coordinator – Jun 19
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.