Summer 2023 Community of Practice, Partners for Campus-Community Engagement – Apr 28
Posted by Partners for Campus-Community Engagement (PCCE) on April 4, 2023
Partners for Campus-Community Engagement (PCCE) is pleased to announce that Dr. Barry Brenton from Binghamton University will lead a summer community of practice (CoP) on Community-Engaged Teaching and Learning in preparation for the upcoming 2023-2024 academic year.
Whether you are just beginning your journey in community-engaged teaching and learning, or you are an experienced practitioner, working within a community to deepen your practice can provide you with a diversity of insights. This community of practice is open to all who are involved in community-engaged teaching and learning, whether you are a community partner, a faculty member, or a staff member in a community-engagement office.
We will review the core aspects of community-engaged teaching and learning including engaged pedagogy, syllabus construction, establishing community partnerships, and assessment using a strength-based, reciprocal, and equity lens. You will be given the opportunity to share experiences and tools related to your community-engaged practice with the group to inform others, receive feedback, and create a deliverable outcome that you can apply to your respective roles.
- Cultivate a collaborative community to enhance an individual’s critical understanding of equitable community-engaged teaching and learning practices in cooperation with community partners.
- Engage in a professional development opportunity that leverages experiences from outside one’s organization and allows one to gain expertise and develop professional contacts.
- Gain tangible best practices to share and apply in one’s own learning communities and practices.
CoP participants will collectively create a repository of promising practices as a result of their time together.
Application deadline is April 28th. Priority will be given to participants from NY & PA.
Given that this is a competitive process, selected participants are required to participate in all CoP meetings. Your commitment to participation is a vital component for forming a learning community. Participants are invited by May 5th to confirm their availability for the CoP by May 11th .
CoPs are scheduled virtual meetings (using the Zoom platform). Resources will be provided by your facilitator upon acceptance into a CoP. Additional readings and or/resources will also be recommended.
Audience: Faculty, Staff, Administrators and Community Partners
Sessions will occur on Thursdays, Noon-130pm EST.
Summer ‘23 session dates: 6/1, 6/9, 6/15, 6/22, 6/29. (5 sessions)
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Webinar: Helping Kids and Families Thrive: New Evidence on Cash Supports – Jun 13
- Webinar: Using Data Refineries to Drive Social Impact – Learn How! – Jun 29
- Virtual Lunch & Learn Series: Participatory Budgeting – Jun 14
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.