Success Coach, Catto Scholarship, CCP
Posted by Community College of Philadelphia on November 22, 2022
The Catto Scholarship is a “last dollar” opportunity that includes multiple evidence-based supports to help students achieve academic success. The Success Coach will provide a broad range of supportive services including, but not limited to, on-going intensive case management; facilitating connections to campus academic, social-emotional, basic needs, and transfer and career resources and activities in a concerted effort to best facilitate academic and personal success to ensure retention and on-time graduation for all Catto Scholarship students.
- Create individualized success plans (ISP) with and for each Catto Scholarship student on assigned caseload.
- Regularly monitor and document students’ progress and level of participation in required programming toward meeting benchmarks and maintaining Catto Scholarship eligibility.
- Assess the students’ need for services and supports and coordinate the connection to relevant departments for enrollment and financial aid issues, academic advising and educational support services, counseling, 4-year transfer opportunities and career development resources and basic needs resources and supports.
- Facilitate and track the distribution of Catto Scholarship food, book and transportation stipends for each Catto Scholar student on assigned caseload.
- Monitor the usage of Catto Scholarship food, book and transportation stipends for each student on assigned caseload for data collection, reporting and budget purposes.
- Actively participate in Student Assistance Team (SAT) meetings with Catto Scholarship Office staff to regularly review student progress and identify and address the mitigation and removal of barriers impacting retention and completion.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the Catto Scholarship bridge program.
- Assist in monthly data collection, assessment and reports.
- Assist in the recruitment, enrollment and orientation of new Catto Scholarship students, as needed.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to develop and implement programming and policies leading to student retention and academic outcomes.
- Participate in professional development activities specific to job responsibilities.
- Maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
- Deliver quality customer service to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
- Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with the mission, goals, and core values of the College.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Center Director, Childspace Centers
- Transportation Planning Intern, Streets Department
- Webinar: AmeriCorps NCCC: Preparing to be a Team Leader – Nov 30
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.