Street Team Member, Black Male Engagement Initiative
Posted by on July 04, 2011
We are looking for pioneering renegades, seekers, the pilots who possess a constant curiosity about the adjacent possible to join our team. We are looking for individuals who can contextualize the situation quickly and can provide rapid-fire assessments fearlessly. We want you to scan the horizon, chart a course, and mobilize a crew to get to an island that only you can see. We want someone who can be a deckhand, a captain and even at times, the pirate.
Reporting to our Community Outreach Coordinator, the Street Team Member will support Context Partners’ work with the Knight Foundation on a pioneering Black Male Initiative called BME in Detroit and Philadelphia by creating viral and guerrilla marketing for mobilizing black men and boys on the ground in the two cities to share their stories of service and leading others into service.
• Direct outreach to potential entrants at key local events as identified by the Outreach Coordinator
• Capture entries in real time using Flip Cameras
• Speak to local businesses and other stakeholder to host BME posters in their “store front windows” and other bulletin boards
• Identify and coordinate with digital marketing partners and sources including social and online media
• Support outreach needs of the Outreach Coordinator as needed
• Provide weekly progress reports
Ideal candidate must have a spirited personality with keen attention to detail with a high level of enthusiasm and strong sense of accountability. Must have innate knowledge and be connected to the black male community in Philadelphia or Detroit.
It is a part time position, averaging 12 hours per week starting August 1, 2011 until September 23, 2011, based in Philadelphia, PA and Detroit, MI. Competitive compensation. Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. Due to the high volume of responses, we unfortunately cannot respond to everyone.
- Associate Wellness Director or Wellness Director, Puentes de Salud
- Chief of Staff, Office of Sustainability, City of Philadelphia
- Grant Specialist, Defender Association of Philadelphia
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.