Strategic Initiatives Director, Resources for Human Development
Posted by Resources for Human Development on February 12, 2018
The Strategic Initiatives Director oversees the implementation of RHD’s multi-year strategic plan and its related initiatives. In close partnership with the CEO, Executive Team, and other key corporate leaders, this position drives the project management and performance monitoring of all strategic objectives as well as related projects. Additionally, this role will oversee policy development and other organizational needs that have multiple touch points throughout the organization and connect to our strategic goals.
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Essential Duties and Functions
Project strategy and planning— participate in decision making to define the vision and direction for strategic initiatives; establish and implement project management processes and tools to effectively manage and lead large-scale strategic initiatives; partner directly with CEO, Executive Team, and other key leaders to define scope, strategy, resources and constraints; insure project plan and other project documentation are created; facilitate project and stakeholder meetings.
Project execution and monitoring—execute key sub-projects and tasks related to the strategic plan; collaborate with project owners on the review, revision and success of their project plans; surface critical issues, risks, resource needs and engage other decision makers in their resolution; report on progress to various levels of stakeholders, including the CEO.
Policies and procedures—provide oversight, support, develop and/or maintain corporate administrative and operating policies and procedures, partnering with Executive Team and other leaders on their creation, revision and implementation; oversee an effort to train on and disseminate policies, and to communicate them effectively to the appropriate stakeholders; support EVPs and directors in the need to surface or create policies to meet funding requirements
Business planning and workflow analysis— partner with business leaders in developing business plans; and supports implementation and monitoring of business plans; supports workflow analysis in an effort to gain efficiencies and effectiveness in business processes
Executive Team support- partners with and supports CEO and Executive Team in planning and designing events, including executive team retreats, and partners with Communications Team and other teams to support goals of the executive team
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree in business, public administration, public policy, or related field preferred
- Seven to ten years related experience in the areas of project management, strategic planning, and/or process improvement
- Excellent writing skills
- Exceptional organization, planning and execution skills; ability to see the big picture and develop strategy for long-term vision, but also manage day-to-day details
- Analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- A “systems thinker” who is comfortable with and has an interest in learning new technologies and business systems
- Self-starter who is capable of taking the initiative with little direction, lead groups with and without formal authority, and works collegially and effectively with various levels of staff
- Strong technical skills
- Senior Project Manager (One Year Contract), Phila. Youth Network
- Associate, Communications and Outreach, Phila. Youth Network
- Program Associate, Phila. Youth Network
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.