Step Up to College: Philadelphia’s Guide
Posted by Philadelphia Futures on November 16, 2015
Published and distributed annually by Philadelphia Futures, Step Up to College: Philadelphia’s Guide to the College Preparation, Application, Admissions & Financial Aid Processes is the #1 college admissions resource for Philadelphia’s college-bound students and their families.
Designed with first-generation-to-college students in mind, the comprehensive, 66-page Step Up to College Guide is tailored to Philadelphia’s students in grades nine to twelve and their families, leading them through each stage of the college admissions process — from test preparation and identifying college choices, to writing application essays and understanding financial aid, to transitioning to college life. Philadelphia Futures distributes more than 40,000 print copies of the Step Up to College Guide – without cost to remove any barriers to access – to every public, public charter and parochial high school in Philadelphia, Free Library of Philadelphia, government offices and community-based organizations. The Step Up to College Guide has become a Philadelphia tradition, and a critical college guidance resource for students and their families, guidance counselors, educators and other youth-serving professionals who are supporting students’ college aspirations.
The theme of the 2015–2016 edition of the Step Up to College Guide is “The Path to College Starts Here.” Highlights include:
- expanded offerings on understanding college “fit” and financial aid;
- worksheets integrated throughout the Guide, including Philadelphia Futures’ popular “Fit” Form and College Cost Calculator;
- grade-specific Checklists, including a Checklist for parents and guardians; and
- tweets, posts and texts from the new Step Up to College Ambassadors.
The print edition of Step Up to College is accompanied by a suite of digital media resources – a Video Series, website, text alert system and social media pages. Like the print edition, these resources also are available without cost. With its content available online, Step Up to College has expanded its reach beyond Philadelphia.
More in "New Resources"
- Thinking outside the box: Watson sets a new vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Civic Engagement (Rutgers Camden)
- Higher Education’s Anchor Mission: A Sharpened Imperative & A Framework for Action
- 2022 Kids Count Data Book: National, State-by-State Data Show Depth of Mental Health Pandemic for Youth
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.