STEM workforce Opportunity – Oct 30
Posted by University City Science Center on October 27, 2020
Interested in gaining skills for a job in a science or tech company? Introducing BULB: Building an Understanding of Lab Basics
Recruitment for the second BULB program has begun.
This NO COST two-week virtual training in the STEM field will allow you to gain skills sought after by local science and tech employers.
- Gain skills desired by science and tech employers and make your career future proof
- Earn a stipend while learning 21st Century workforce skills
- Increase professional connections with science and tech companies
- Acquire skills and access to family-sustaining career opportunities
- Building an Understanding of Lab Basics (BULB) 2nd cohort
- Application open on Monday, October 19th at 9am
- Application close on Friday October 30th at 5pm
- Applicants will be notified the week of November 7th if accepted
- Program dates: November 9th to November 20th 2:45pm – 5:45pm (Participants must be able to commit to the dates and times)
- Must be a Philadelphia resident to apply
- Participants receive a small stipend during programming (performance and attendance based)
- Participants are assigned to a STEM professional mentor from the science or tech field
- Participants receive a new laptop upon graduating from the program and can keep any lab equipment provided during the program.
Questions? Contact Phil Brooks, Director, STEM Workforce Partnerships, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-966-6076.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- National Youth Participation in America’s Schools Survey – Jun 10
- Online Event: The Network for College Success on the Developmental Relationships Survey Tool – Jun 21
- Culture of Democracy Summit (Virtual & in Person) Jun 10-13
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.