STEM Intensive Coordinator, Leadership, Innovation and the Liberal Arts Center
Posted by Bryn Mawr College on August 31, 2015
Title: Program Coordinator
Supervisor: Katie Krimmel, Assoc. Dean
Department: Career and Professional Development (CPD)/ Leadership, Innovation, and the Liberal Arts Center (LILAC)
Status: Term, 0.5 FTE (with possibility of converting to full time in 2016)
Location: Bryn Mawr College
POSITION OBJECTIVE: LILAC’s mission is to prepare liberal arts students to be effective, self-aware leaders in their chosen life pursuits. The STEM Intensive Coordinator will provide administrative support for and organize a new professional-development program for undergraduates. The coordinator will develop three 3- to 4-day intensive non-credit courses (“Intensives”) in the areas of STEM and the community, STEM and innovation in the private sector, and STEM and the arts to be held over fall/spring breaks. The intensives focus on alternative career pathways in STEM-related fields (e.g. public health, science writing and entrepreneurship, film production, etc.). The coordinator will be responsible for all administrative aspects of the STEM Intensives program.
• Plan and design LILAC STEM Intensives by working in collaboration with the program’s steering committee to determine content
• Develop an application and registration process and evaluation forms using Qualtrics
• Identify and recruit guest speakers
• Provide logistical support for the STEM Intensives (reserving rooms, ordering food, AV, printing or sending evaluations and coordinating speaker visits).
• Use Moodle to compile course materials and secure copyright permissions where needed
• Hire and supervise student assistants
• Connect with and recruit alumnae/i who are in STEM fields to participate in the programs
• Accurately use word processing and desktop publishing software to design, format, type and print announcements, correspondence, reports, lists, and other materials in order to market the STEM Intensives to undergraduates.
• Collaborate with Associate Director of Experiential Learning to coordinate timing and logistics of STEM intensives with other LILAC intensives
• Collaborate with the Associate Director of Employer Relations and Internships to connect STEM intensive participants with internship opportunities
• Review data from applications to create reports on demand and who attends
• Review evaluation data to explore areas that went well and areas that need development
• Maintain files and documents
• Update LILAC webpage to reflect accurate information about the STEM Intensives
• Track the number of STEM intensive participants who do internships in related fields
• Compare senior destination data to those who participate in STEM Intensives and internships
• Manages the program budget
• Maintain a record of budget expenditures
• Work with LILAC program coordinator to process expenses and reimbursements
Other Duties as Assigned:
• Taking part in LILAC initiatives and team meetings when appropriate
SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION:
Bachelor’s Degree required and administrative experience in a nonprofit or higher education environment. Must be proficient in Word and Excel, have good communication skills and the ability to multi task. Web maintenance skills, database management, document publishing and supervisory experience are all preferred.
Application materials and inquiries should be directed to Jessica Hollinger, firstname.lastname@example.org, 610-526-6542.
- Vaccine Equity Project Manager (Consultant/Contractor), AFAHO – Jan 28
- Programs Assistant (Full-Time), AFAHO – Jan 31
- Staff Representative, AFT PA – Jan 26
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.