State Farm® Award for Service-Learning Excellence in Teacher Education
Posted by on September 29, 2008
The National Service-Learning Partnership is pleased to join with the State Farm® Companies Foundation and the International Center for Service-Learning in Teacher Education (ICSLTE) to honor teacher education programs that make a significant commitment to improving the quality of teaching and learning in preparing teachers and schools leaders to use service-learning as an instructional strategy.
The State Farm® Award for Service-Learning Excellence in Teacher Education acknowledges and honors outstanding teacher education programs that demonstrate significant interest and support for service-learning. This award recognizes exemplary practices, which include, but are not limited to:
* The demonstration of service-learning as a pedagogy in preparing teachers
* The development of P-12 school/teacher education partnerships that provide student teaching experience with service-learning.
* The effective teaching and implementation of K-12 Service-Learning Standards for Quality Practice. Please see http://www.nylc.org/objects/publications/StandardsDoc.pdf for the official standards.
* The use of service-learning experiences with pre-service teachers in p-12 and/or other community settings
* The production of data that demonstrate the impact of service-learning on student outcomes
* The relationship of service-learning to the Principles of Good Practice for Service-Learning in Preservice Teacher Education.
Please see the Official Award Guidelines for the list of Principles of Good Practice for Service-Learning in Preservice Teacher Education.
Nominations must be received by December 14, 2008. The 2009 honoree will be announced on January 28, 2009 and publicly recognized at the State Farm® Awards Celebration at the 2009 National Service-Learning Conference in Nashville, TN March 18-21 2009.
Visit http://www.service-learningpartnership.org or the award main page for the application, instructions, and more details. I hope you consider applying for this award and will forward this e-mail to others you know who might be interested.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Lights On Afterschool: Celebrate Afterschool Programs & Staff – Oct 25&28
- Webinar: Student Outcomes Beyond Completion: National Findings From the 2021 Strada Alumni Survey – Oct 27
- Essential Jobs, Inequality, and “Dirty Work”: A Book Talk with Eyal Press – Oct 20
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.