Staffing and Operations Specialist (Substitute Services), School District of Philadelphia
Posted by School District of Philadelphia on November 7, 2016
Staffing and Operations Specialist (Substitute Services)
OFFICE OF TALENT
Job Number 4600124813
Open Date 11/02/2016
The Staffing and Operations Specialist reports directly to the Director of Substitute Services and is a part of the Recruitment, Staffing, and Substitute Services team within the Office of Talent. The Specialist supports efforts to ensure effective hiring and placement of substitutes for The School District of Philadelphia (SDP) to meet the demand at the school level. This individual works closely with Kelly Educational Staffing (KES) to process clearances and certifications for teachers and other classes of substitutes that KES provides. For substitute support roles that are not staffed by KES and filled by SDP employed substitutes (Cleaners, Farmers, Nurses, Principals, and Psychologists), the Specialist plays a key role in recruiting, hiring, and providing ongoing HR support. The Staffing and Operations Specialist also partners with school leadership to ensure that we are meeting our schools’ needs for all positions.
- Support the recruitment, hiring, and orientation of SDP substitutes:
- Develop and maintain pipelines for recruitment for Cleaners, Farmers, Nurses, Principals, and Psychologists;
- Review applications and strategically respond to candidates using the SDP applicant tracking system (SearchSoft);
- Ensure that hiring and onboarding practices comply with all state and federal regulations regarding clearances and employee paperwork; and
- Partner with Facilities and the Office of Specialized Services to coordinate job specific requirements and training.
- Provide ongoing HR support for SDP substitutes by completing biweekly payroll for SDP subs and maintaining employee records in SDP’s HRIS system (Advantage).
- Ensure that schools’ needs are met by working with Facilities and the Office of Specialized Services to implement clear systems for requesting subs and filling jobs.
- Provide customer service to school district staff requesting information about substitute services.
Support the hiring of subs employed by KES by tracking and completing clearance and certification review.
- Create and maintain documentation of job processes and procedures.
- Build data systems that allow for efficient and effective reporting of substitute services.
- Provide other general administrative and project support to the Substitute Services team.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Two years of full-time, paid, professional experience in human resources/assets, recruitment, and/or admissions/selection is highly preferred
- Experience in a social sector, non-profit, or public organization preferred
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training determined to be acceptable by the Office of Talent
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated knowledge of the following:
- Data Reporting
- Project Management
- Systems Building
Demonstrated ability to do the following:
- Exhibit high level of integrity, personal responsibility, and accountability
- Consistently exhibit professional maturity
- Illustrate exceptional strategic and problem-solving skills and judgment
- Effectively manage and prioritize a high volume of work, from a multitude of work streams, in a fast-paced environment
- Create and manage systems, processes, and databases to ensure efficient operations
- Communicate efficiently and effectively orally and in writing
influence others, managing laterally and up to achieve outcomes through the setting of clear expectations
- Use and be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Effectively manage and prioritize a high volume of work, from a multitude of work streams, in a fast-paced environment with superior organizational & project management skills
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
Demonstrated skill in the following:
- Superior organizational and project management skills with exceptional attention to detail, particularly with data entry
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Sustainability Coordinator, Temple University Office of Sustainability
- Carpenter, Habitat for Humanity – Sep 2
- Lead Carpenter, Habitat for Humanity – Sep 2
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.