Staff Member, Mariposa Food Coop
Posted by on April 2, 2007
The Mariposa Food Coop in West Philadelphia is looking to hire one or two new staff members.
Preliminary interviews will be held April 27, 29 & 30, 2007. If you?re interested, please submit a letter of interest or resume by April 20 to any staff member. Hours are part time and flexible, ranging from 10-40 hours per week. Starting pay is $10 per hour, plus benefits. People of color, women and transgender are encouraged to apply.
A successful candidate will:
1) be able to work cooperatively
2) be able to do general coop staffing, including weekend and evening availability
3) have strong communication skills, enjoy working with people and be able to oversee and train members
4) be highly self motivated
5) be able to attend weekly staff meetings, plus occasional membership and committee meetings
6) have fun multi-tasking
Additional skills or interests may include:
1) financial skills (bookkeeping, accounting, computer skills)
2) an interest in relating to membership or membership coordination
3) organization, including databases and other systems
4) maintenance/building management/tenant relations
5) networking with other coops and coop organizations
6) inspiring member participation in the direction and future of the coop
7) being a committee liaison to membership committees
More in "Job Opportunities/AmeriCorps Opportunities"
- Camden and Pennsauken Youth Aged 16-20 Interested in the Environment, Summer Job Opportunity
- Project Development Associate, Habitat for Humanity – Jun 30
- Summer Jobs at Philadelphia Parks & Recreation
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.