Spring Youth Gardener, Norris Square Neighborhood Project
Posted by Norris Square Neighborhood Project on August 15, 2016
Spring Youth Gardener with Norris Square Neighborhood Project!
We are currently accepting applications for 3 Spring Youth Gardeners in NSNP’s Raíces de Cambio Program.
• Join our unique creative youth organization and help maintain our 6 cultural gardens this spring!
• You will be an important part of a youth crew to grow local, chemical-free produce and landscape ornamental gardens.
• Expect to learn about landscaping techniques, cultivating vegetables, edible plants, cooking, nutrition & health and more!
• You will also be responsible for planning and leading workshops for other High School youth once a week.
Schedule: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays from 3:30‐6:00 pm. Total of 7.5 hours a week (September 20‐December 1, 2016).
Requirements: Must be a High School student ages 14‐19, willing to be outside, work hard, not afraid to get dirty, be a leader, and give your all!
To apply: Complete attached application and return in person or e‐mail to Marian Dalke at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 5, 2016. NSNP staff will follow‐up your application with an in-person interview during the week of September 5, 2016.
- Request for Proposals: General Adult Education and Digital Literacy – Sep 19
- Civic & Digital Media Cultivator, Cambodian Assoc. of Greater Phila.
- Teacher/Education Positions, Cambodian Assoc. of Greater Phila.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.