Spring 2021 Foundation Series: Flourishing Together – Mar 23
Posted by First Up on March 23, 2021
First Up invites you to learn about Flourishing Together and welcomes you and your team to join the Spring 2021 Foundation Series!
Flourishing Together aims to enhance the ways early childhood educators use trauma-informed care to meet the needs of children and families.
The Foundation Series is a free three-month virtual professional learning series designed to set an ECE professional on the path to becoming trauma-informed. Participants can earn up to 8 PQAS hours.
The registration deadline is March 23rd.
As part of the Foundation Series, participants will join three trainings on trauma-related topics with our partners, Lakeside Global Institute. Lakeside Global Institute has a long history of providing trainings and courses about trauma and its impacts on children and families to professionals from many different fields. Following each training, participants will join a Forum session, where they will have the opportunity discuss the information learned in the training with their ECE peers. Forums will provide early childhood educators with a space to connect the general trauma knowledge to their work in an ECE/childcare center.
Participants will learn more about:
– Defining trauma and trauma-informed care
– Recognizing the impacts of stress and trauma on children and adults
– Identifying challenging behaviors that may stem from stress and trauma
– Understanding the importance of gathering multiple strategies to provide trauma-informed care to children, their families, and yourself
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Coalition Virtual Conversation: Higher Education AmeriCorps Sponsors – Oct 20
- Webinar: What matters most for student success from parents’ and educators’ perspectives – Oct 6
- Award for Computing Educators and Advocates – Oct 20
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.