Special Education Director, Belmont Charter Network
Posted by Belmont Charter Network on January 17, 2023
Belmont Charter Network is a family of charter schools whose purpose is to promote the academic, social and emotional well-being of each child. In addition to a fundamental academic curriculum, we provide physical and mental health services within the school environment along with a wide variety of extracurricular programming including sports, academic enrichment and the arts. We take an individual approach to education and believe every child has his or her own path. Our community schools support students and their families, inspiring children to realize their own unique potential.
The Special Education Director will ensure the network’s special education policies and procedures are implemented in order to create conditions for excellent student service and accelerate student achievement The special education director, alongside the managing director of students supports, will lead and refine the strategic vision for the special education department at the network and local level collaborating with network departments and school teams to determine professional development training needs to identify areas of strength and weakness of practice in supporting students with disabilities. The Director will co-supervise and manage, alongside Heads of Schools, the special education site managers. This includes the accountability of the special education managers in following the manager’s handbook which details their role. It also includes providing professional development to the special education manager team to increase knowledge of laws and compliance to improve their practice. The Director will work with and supervise the special education curriculum coordinator to implement special education student supports as determined by data, working collaboratively with the managing director. The Director will serve as an active member of the network Instructional Leadership Team (ILT) and other administrative teams and meetings TBD. The Special Education Director will report to the managing director of student support. This is a 12 month position.
- Supervise/Oversee the following areas for compliance
- Early Intervention transition to Kindergarten process ELL-ensure services and process for students with english as a second language PASA-determination and participation of students who are eligible for alternate testing
- APS- ensure that students in alternative placement are receiving the required services.
- (TBD) Agency Hires-approve and support outside agency hires when needed
- Special Education referral, evaluation and reevaluation determination and process along with collaboration with the school psychologist
- Involvement in data management, collection and reporting (TBD) Co-supervision of special education managers and curriculum coordinator
- Educator (Part-Time, Temporary), Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site – Feb 12
- Community Resource Corps Spring 2023 Cohort – Feb 9
- Project Assistant (College/Graduate/Post-Graduate Students), Connect the Dots – Feb 15
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.