Special Education Coordinator/Teacher, Bridge Way School
Posted by The Bridge Way School on August 23, 2022
The Bridge Way School seeks a part-time Special Education Coordinator/Teacher for the 2022–23 academic year.
Our school has an intentionally small student population, so the candidate will work within a small classroom setting and carry a small caseload. The successful applicant will have experience with differentiated instruction, will be able to develop content, and will move easily between students working on different content area during the same class.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Certified Special Education license with PA Dept. of Ed.
- Current FBI and state of PA background clearances are required
- Prior school experience preferred
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with students in the classroom and in 1:1 sessions in order to assess student strengths, needs, and performance; identify potential areas of change and improvement
- Collaborate with families, caregivers, and clinical staff to support student learning and success
- Work with Head of School to develop, deliver, and assess curriculum that can be scaffolded to ensure students have the best opportunities for success.
- Oversee mental and behavioral health care services for all students with IEPs/504 plans
- Ensure appropriate delivery of special education instruction and related services as stipulated on IEPs/504 plans
- Ensure school compliance with all local and federal laws related to students with IEPs/504 plans and students referred to special education
- Facilitate IEP meetings using a strengths-based and family-centered approach
- Identify students who should be assessed to determine eligibility for special education
- Oversee case management services for students and families requiring multiple resources
- Delivery quarterly IEP progress reports to parents/guardians
- Communicate with parents and guardians about referrals, evaluations, annual IEPs/504 plans, and re-evaluations
- Recognize students as individuals, celebrate diversity, and support our school culture of equity and inclusion
- Assist parents to access programs and community resources available to students with special needs
- Build relationships with, and identify resources within, organizations to provide services, extracurricular activities, and support to students outside of school day (ex: government agencies, religious organizations, community groups, and non-profit organizations)
- Work with Head of School, Clinical Care Coordinator, Recovery Specialist, and students and their families, to develop a transition plan for academic/career pursuits and recovery.
Position is approximately 16-20 hours/week.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Angela Smith, Head of School, at email@example.com.
- Associate Wellness Director or Wellness Director, Puentes de Salud
- Chief of Staff, Office of Sustainability, City of Philadelphia
- Grant Specialist, Defender Association of Philadelphia
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.