Sony Corporate Giving
Posted by Sony on August 14, 2017
Within the U.S., Sony focuses the majority of its charitable giving on arts, culture, technology and the environment, with a particular emphasis on education in each of those areas. While support in other areas may also be considered, the Company seeks to apply its financial, technological and human resources to the encouragement of the creative, artistic, technical and scientific skills required of tomorrow’s workforce.
Grant Application Procedures
The Company welcomes requests for support throughout the year within the guidelines set forth. There is no grant application form. Requests must be submitted in writing and should include the following information:
- A brief, written description of the organization on official letterhead, including its legal name, history, activities, purpose and proof of registered 501(c)(3) non-profit status
- History of previous support from Sony
- The amount being requested, if applicable
- A description of the purpose for which the grant is requested
- Please note that we do not consider multi-year requests for support.
Review and Evaluation of Grant Requests
If the request is within Sony’s Giving Guidelines and available funds permit consideration of it, the organization may be asked to provide more complete information before a decision is made. Notification of grant request approval or regret will be made in writing within one month of the receipt of all proposed materials. We do not respond to telephone follow-ups. Since the Company receives funding requests far in excess of its annual grants program budget, we must often decline support to worthy organizations and programs. Such a response does not reflect, in any way, a negative appraisal of the prospective organization or the value of its programs and services.
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- Diversity Pathway Intervention Grant Program for legal education – Mar 1
- Stephan D. Weiss Student Mental Health Award – Feb 15
- Housing for Everyone – Feb 14
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.