Social Worker, Puentes de Salud
Posted by Puentes de Salud on June 28, 2022
Puentes de Salud (Bridges of Health) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that promotes the health and wellness of South Philadelphia’s rapidly growing Latinx immigrant population through high–quality health care, innovative educational programs, and community building. The foundation of Puentes de Salud rests on the belief that community health is not the sole domain of health care providers. Health and wellness result from a collaborative, multidisciplinary effort that focuses on addressing the conditions in which we grow, learn, live, work and age. The Social Worker will provide core capacity for Puentes de Salud’s medical and social case management services. This position reports to the Health & Wellness Director.
We are seeking a highly motivated, independent professional with excellent interpersonal skills to join an enthusiastic group that is passionate about supporting the education, health, and wellness of Latinx immigrant communities in Philadelphia. Specific responsibilities include:
- Direct service work with children, adults, and families
o Provide case management and behavioral health evaluations, interventions, and services to clients referred by clinic, wellness, and education program staff
o Establish trust and build relationships with clients in order to promote wellness, agency, and independence
o Provide appropriate referrals and conduct follow–up
o Build relationships and work with external partner organizations to support clients
- Program design and development
o Participate in review of case management procedures to align with social work principles and best practices
o Advise on the further development of case management services at Puentes de Salud
o Contribute to expansion of Puentes de Salud’s behavioral health services, in conjunction with an in–progress initiative o Maintain and update Puentes de Salud’s referral sheet for clients
o Conduct data entry and maintain and analyze qualitative and quantitative service data.
Schedule: Part time, 25 hours per week. Work is approximately 50% remote and 50% in person onsite at Puentes de Salud’s Community Wellness Center.
Compensation: $31,250 salary for a one-year term at 25 hours per week. Position contingent upon funding. Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. This position does not include benefits; however, the position may have the opportunity to convert to full time employment with benefits within six months of hire.
- Master’s Degree and 2–3 years of experience in related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience required. MSW degree preferred.
- This position requires excellent oral and written communication skills to interact with clients, students, volunteers, clinicians, and staff.
- Prior experience with immigrant populations and case management required.
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Strong teamwork, problem–solving, communication, and organizational skills required.
Visual: Computer use; must be able to use email
Hearing: Phone use
Working Conditions: Position operates in an environment that is generally free of noise, dust, temperature extremes or other hazards; may work in environments without elevators.
To Apply: Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Leah Reisman, Health and
Wellness Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request for Proposals: General Adult Education and Digital Literacy – Sep 19
- Civic & Digital Media Cultivator, Cambodian Assoc. of Greater Phila.
- Teacher/Education Positions, Cambodian Assoc. of Greater Phila.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.