Social Spectrum Reality Check Grants
Posted by on March 18, 2005
SOCIAL SPECTRUM ANNOUNCES $50,000 GRANT AVAILABLE TO NON-PROFITS AND SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE COMPANIES
Social Spectrum, an initiative of Celestia International, announced today it is awarding one non-profit or socially responsible company a Reality Check Grant valued at $50,000 worth of professional business leadership skills training, marketing, and technological support services.
"Our goal is to bring Fortune 50 best practices to organizations so they can better succeed in their important missions," said David Rippe, Executive Director of Social Spectrum. "The Reality Check Grant allows us to share our expertise to help others."
The Reality Check Grant will be awarded to one organization and will include a complete immersion in the same sound business practices used by the world’s leading companies. These include:
* A private leadership workshop for the senior staff, board, or executive team
* Development of a strategic marketing communications plan including review of messaging, branding, current marketing materials, web site, development of new materials, demand generation recommendation and media relations
* An evaluation of technology and infrastructure
Mr. Rippe states, "With the massive social issues we face in our country, coupled with impending cuts by the current administration, it is more imperative than ever that organizations use proven tools and techniques to increase efficiencies and build capacity to serve their constituents. It is vital for the survival of many groups. We intend to be a positive source of assistance."
Interested parties can visit the services section of the Special Spectrum web site at <a href="http://www.socialspectrum.org">http://www.socialspectrum.org</a> for a comprehensive overview of the kinds of services included in the Reality Check Grant.
The criteria for submission have been purposely made simple:
* Organization must have been in existence for a minimum of 2 years
* Must have a functioning board and a permanent staff greater than two
* Submit a 500-1000 word essay via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in a Word document or via postal service to Social Spectrum Grant, 966 View Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45245
Submission should include:
* Brief description of your organization
* Your mission
* Why your organization deserves the grant
All entries are due no later than April 15, 2005. The grant recipient will be announced by May 15, 2005 via a nationwide press release and an email to all applicants. All grant applications will be kept confidential.
Social Spectrum is dedicated to non-profits and socially responsible businesses. We provide the best of Fortune 50 tools, techniques and practices in an affordable and effective manner. At Celestia International, we’ve worked with corporations and non-profits for over 10 years. Now, we bring them both together in a powerful offering called Social Spectrum. Our work focuses on three key areas…
* Business leadership training and coaching
* Marketing strategy and communication
* Technology and infrastructure
For questions or more information, contact David Rippe at 513-253-4854, or via the web at email@example.com
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- Million Girls Moonshot Mini-Grant Opportunity – Jun 16
- Neighborhood Planning Grants – Aug 18
- Native Voices Rising – Jul 7
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.