Social Media Intern, Green Philly Blog
Posted by Green Philly Blog on January 16, 2017
Social Media Intern
Posted January 3, 2017
The Green Philly internship enhances marketing skills for an audience that cares about making a difference.
The social media intern at Green Philly will be focusing on social media, email newsletters and photography to grow our online presence. At the end of the semester, you’ll have an online, real-world portfolio full of content for future employers. Plus, you’ll learn how to optimize SEO, social media skills and more.
The interns will be responsible for handling the Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages as well as email content, photography and more.
• Creating content for social media profiles
• Organizing and drafting email newsletter each month
• Communicating with editorial team to ensure seamless online presence
• Video editing (optional; recommended)
• Excellent communication skills, team player, interested in sustainability
• Ability to meet deadlines, multitask and gather information from a variety of partners.
• Photoshop, Canva or additional apps (Optional)
Although a variety of majors are considered, marketing and video students are especially encouraged to apply. Please note this is an unpaid internship, which runs (approximately) January – May 31, with the possibility to renew the internship for the summer. Commitment each week is hours with at least partial time on-site in our Center City Office.
About Green Philly:
Green Philly Blog was founded in 2008 to help people live a more sustainable lifestyle and make healthier choices. We are growing the local sustainability community through online content, live events and resources.
Interning with Green Philly Blog will give you real world experience with websites, social media, business, analytics, editing, writing, and networking with professional contacts. You’ll learn firsthand from marketing professionals that are passionate about what they do every day.
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Request for Volunteers: Review & Updating the Family and Consumer Sciences, Economics, and Career Education and Work PA Academic Standards – Dec 9
- Volunteers Needed: K-8 Tutors for Lea School
- Volunteer at the 2023 Flower Show – Mar 4-12
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.