Site Coordinator (AmeriCorps), National Student Partnerships
Posted by on September 7, 2008
Site Coordinator/ AmeriCorps*National Direct Member – Full Time
National Student Partnerships seeks individuals from diverse backgrounds, who are independent, intelligent, and driven leaders, to serve as part of our elite corps of NSP Site Coordinators. We seek out individuals who are passionate about community development and believe that young people armed with ingenuity and dedication can fight poverty in their surrounding communities.
NSP Site Coordinators must demonstrate flexibility, creativity, and a willingness to take on challenging management scenarios. They must possess excellent interpersonal skills to drive collaboration with low-income residents, community leaders, and NSP national office staff.
Since 1998, over 75 recent graduates have served as NSP Site Coordinators through AmeriCorps and have helped lead over 4,000 dedicated college students nationwide to translate NSP’s founding vision into action by building a network of community resource centers that have affected the lives of over 25,000 impoverished clients and their families.
Responsibilities Will Include the Following:
* Manage your office’s operations and infrastructure
* Engage your community by building and strengthening partnerships with community, business, and university organizations
* Enhance NSP’s ability to serve our community members by attending meetings and trainings that address local poverty issues
* Oversee your office’s advisory board
* Expand existing student volunteer corps
* Facilitate and develop volunteer training sessions
* Provide daily on-site support and motivation to NSP’s student volunteers
* Lead, mentor, and manage NSP’s student leadership teams
* Work one-on-one with low-income community members
The Key Details:
* Requirements: All majors and career interests are encouraged to apply. Must have a bachelor’s degree and extensive community service experience.
* Location: Philadelphia
* Dates: The two years of service. However, we will still consider excellent candidates who can only commit to one year.
* Training: NSP National Office will provide all NSP Site Coordinators with paid pre- service and on-going trainings in Washington, DC throughout their two years of service.
* Living Allowance: National Student Partnerships is currently a member of AmeriCorps, the national service network. Through this relationship, NSP Site Coordinators will be given a living stipend of approximately $10,900/year by the Corporation of National Service.
* Education Award: Upon completion of the year of service, NSP Site Coordinators, who have not previously received AmeriCorps education awards, will be eligible to receive a $4,725 education award at the end of each year of service ($9,450 over the two years), which may be used to pay back qualified student loans or for future education.
* Housing: NSP Site Coordinators will receive a monthly housing stipend from NSP.
* Loan Forbearance: NSP Site Coordinators who have not previously served as AmeriCorps Members are eligible to receive loan forbearance on qualified student loans during their term of service.
* Health Care: The CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield network coverage includes:
o $10 co-pays, including vision and dental coverage for exams
o Reduced rates for other vision and dental treatments
o NO DEDUCTIBLE
o Access to nation-wide network of doctors, including specialists, searchable through an online database
o Maximum prescription costs of $35 with generic costing $10
o No caps on hospital costs
o Preventative care included
*This list does not include all of the coverage provided, but highlights some of the main benefits. For more information, please visit the CareFirst website at: http://www.carefirst.com and click on “Blue Preferred PPO.”
Please send a resume and cover letter to Nisha Joseph, Program Associate via email at email@example.com and submit the AmeriCorps*National Direct Member application found on the AmeriCorps* recruiting site at https://my.americorps.gov. (Note: Please enter your references’ e-mail addresses where appropriate in the AmeriCorps application; they will then be e-mailed a link to the AmeriCorps application reference form, which they will submit on-line. Similarly, once you submit your AmeriCorps application on-line, we will receive electronic notification of its submission).
Once all application materials have been reviewed, candidates will be contacted to schedule personal or telephone interviews. Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis. Please submit your application today!
- Senior Project Manager, Phila. Youth Network
- ReStore Truck Driver, Habitat for Humanity – Oct 29
- Virtual Access Instructor, Let’s Get Ready – Nov 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.