Short Term Independent Contractor – Program Assistant, MCOL
Posted by Mayor's Commission on Literacy on April 18, 2016
Short Term Independent Contractor – Program Assistant
The Mayor’s Commission on Literacy has created a system that engages all adults in Philadelphia in lifelong learning for their economic success, civic engagement, and personal development. The Commission has a 4 month opportunity for an independent contractor to provide administrative support for various programs implemented by the Commission.
• Coordinating events and conferences
• Managing and scheduling meetings
• Maintaining databases
• preparing electronic and print training material
• Research best practices in adult education
• Other duties
• Bachelor’s degree in social science field
• 2+ years related experience, experience with adult education preferred
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail
• Experience working with people of diverse backgrounds
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and web navigation
• Ability to quickly learn new software
Compensation, Duration and Hours
This is an independent contract position paying $16/hour with anticipated 4 month duration (ending in August).
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Naomie.Nyanungo@Phila.gov by Monday, April 25, 2016. Indicate that you are applying for the Program Assistant position in the subject line of your email.
- Associate Director (2 Positions), Civic House, UPenn – Jun 5
- Associate Director, Workforce & Economic Impact, Drexel – May 29
- Executive Director, ArtWell – Jun 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.