Service-Learning articles in Principal Leadership Magazine
Posted by on March 01, 2010
Principal Leadership Magazine: “Work That Is Real” Edition Focuses on Service-Learning
Principal Leadership magazine focuses on school leaders’ real needs, offering them practical, hands-on strategies for improving their schools in a constantly evolving educational environment. Articles in this issue include:
* “Work That is Real” – Service learning adds relevance and purpose when embedded in curricula. By Cathryn Berger Kaye
* “More Than Just Service” – Learn how to use authentic engagement to teach civic responsbility. By Rhonda Barton and Bracken Reed
* “Projects That Launch a Lifetime” – A new level of learning emerges when students conceive, design, and implement culminating projects. By Kate McPherson
* “Six Myths About Service Learning” – Separate the facts from the assumptions so that your school can institute successful service-learning initiatives. By Scott Richardson and Michael Josephson
Read these articles at: http://www.principals.org/tabid/2043/default.aspx
More in "New Resources"
- Million Girls Moonshot: Sharing STEM Assets with State Ecosystems
- New Report: Has the Pandemic Changed What Workers Expect from Jobs?
- Webinar Recording: Solar Schools: Why New Incentives Make NOW the Best Time to Go Solar
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.