Service Coordinator, Pathways To Housing
Posted by on December 03, 2012
Service Coordinator, Pathways To Housing Inc. – PA
Posted on: November 19, 2012
Position Summary: Service Coordinators are members of a modified Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) team and work together to provide recovery-oriented services in a flexible, compassionate, and responsible manner to formerly homeless individuals who have psychiatric disabilities and often abuse substances. Service Coordinators maintain a primary caseload but also have a shared responsibility for all other participants on the team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with consumers in the formulation of a comprehensive service plan that is reviewed and modified with that person on a regular basis.
- Provide outreach, service coordination, counseling, advocacy, and other needed services to consumers in any environment including the streets, shelters, prisons, hospitals, apartments, office, etc.
- Provide individually tailored consumer driven services to each client—i.e. housing placement, independent living skills, vocational guidance, appointment escorts, family counseling, etc.
- Maintain written and computerized records, compile reports and complete other program documentation (including case notes, statistics, letters, psychological evaluations, etc.).
- Coordinate and monitor referrals to community services, and advocate client participation in them.
- Educate, inform and advocate for consumers regarding benefits and entitlements (Social Security, Public Assistance, food stamps, etc.).
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Participate in some activities outside of “normal business hours.”
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Education, Experience and Skills:
- Patience, creativity, flexibility, compassion, and sensitivity to persons with disabilities and other minority populations.
- Career experience in social services, supportive housing, or with persons with disabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- BA/BS, RN, in Social Work, Psychology or related field required.
More in "Job Opportunities/AmeriCorps Opportunities"
- Camden and Pennsauken Youth Aged 16-20 Interested in the Environment, Summer Job Opportunity
- Project Development Associate, Habitat for Humanity – Jun 30
- Summer Jobs at Philadelphia Parks & Recreation
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.