Senior Development Manager, Mazzoni Center
Posted by Mazzoni Center on November 9, 2015
This role serves as deputy to the Director of Development and Marketing and will manage staff responsible for identifying, cultivating and maintaining funding through events, volunteers, grants, and corporations. The Senior Development Manager will work closely with the Director to create comprehensive fundraising plans. In addition, this position will be directly responsible for specified donor relationships.
Minimum Education Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s preferred. Preference for strong knowledge of strategy development with donor databases (preferably Salesforce), website development (Drupal preferred), and social media. Experience in developing budgets. Additional fundraising certification or marketing-related training or certifications preferred. Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite required.
Skills and Experience
5 years or more of direct fundraising and marketing experience required; 5 years of management experience of staff in a nonprofit or higher education environment required. Thorough understanding of a diversified funding base; knowledge of email, direct mail, web, social media, event-based, individual cultivation, planned giving, and other fundraising strategies; deep understanding of funding sources (individuals, corporations, government, and foundations).
Click here to download a PDF of the full job description.
How to Apply:
1. Provide a cover letter, resume and a writing sample (this can be something you have already produced, such as an appeal, grant proposal, or solicitation, etc.) in one PDF document only.
2. Please name the file: “Senior Development Manager Application, INSERT YOUR FULL NAME”
3. In the subject line, please enter: Senior Development Manager Application, INSERT YOUR FULL NAME
Send PDF and brief note no later than Thursday, November 19 to Perry Monastero, Director of Development and Marketing at email@example.com.
More in "Job Opportunities/AmeriCorps Opportunities"
- HBCU Summer Fellowship, Defender Association of Philadelphia – Mar 31
- Narrative Change Strategist (Hybrid Position), Elon University
- Director, Children’s Community School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.