Senior Administrative Assistant, United Way
About United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey (UWGPSNJ):
UWGPSNJ’s mission is to end intergenerational poverty in our region by harnessing, leveraging and strategically investing the collective power of donors, advocates and volunteers, to help individuals and families break the cycle of poverty.
Position Summary: The Senior Administrative Assistant (SAA) provides the primary clerical and administrative support for three departments (Finance, Technology, & HR), performing a wide variety of work of regular and project-based tasks related to those departments. The SAA undertakes his/her tasks with appropriate information gathering, solutions identification, and implementation. Sample tasks include but are not limited to: calendar management, meeting room requests and scheduling, data input, reporting and editing, spreadsheet management, job postings and other recruitment functions, filing, phone communications and triage, written correspondence, memos, minutes, confidential reports, Board Support and more. The role reports to the three department VPs.
Essential functions and core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Performs complex and confidential administrative functions and reports
• Manages or assists in managing calendars and schedules appointments
• Supports volunteer/board level committees
• Responds to internal and external correspondence for the units
• Provides research and documentation support for select organizational purchases
• Develops, maintains, and/or supports filing systems
• Arranges travel plans and associated tasks/policies
• Creates and maintains database/spreadsheets with vendor information
• HR support in various areas such as recruitment, training coordination and general HR administration
• Researches/audits/edits customer operations documentation and materials (for example, verify pledges, return checks)
• Provide additional or back-up support to the Executive Assistant and Executive Office as needed
• Other general administrative tasks or projects as assigned
Expected job qualifications and other knowledge, skills, and abilities include:
• BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience preferred
• Minimum of five (5) years related experience
• Strong calendar management
• Proven experience in Board Committee Support
• Proficient in Microsoft Word Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
• Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity
• Ability to work collaboratively across departments and run good interference to meet deadlines; has ability to multi-task and properly control work flows
• Basic logic and problem-solving skills; some critical thinking abilities
• Notary Public
How to Apply: Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter including salary expectations to Human Resources at email@example.com and note: “Senior Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
UWGPSNJ promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. UWGPSNJ does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.
- Senior Project Manager (One Year Contract), Phila. Youth Network
- Associate, Communications and Outreach, Phila. Youth Network
- Program Associate, Phila. Youth Network
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.