Senior Accountant, ACHIEVEability
Posted by on January 08, 2012
Senior Accountant at ACHIEVEability:
Sustain Healthy Financial Operations to Help More Families Achieve Self‐Sufficiency
ACHIEVEability seeks a Senior Accountant who will carry out accounting, human resources and administrative processes and ensure success in our reporting, compliance and financial management
operations. ACHIEVEability, the Philadelphia Foundation’s 2006 Good Governance Awardee and the
Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce’s 2004 Nonprofit of the Year, is seeking a person with
integrity, competence, commitment to our mission, technical and communication skills to be our Senior
Accountant reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration.
– Performs tasks related to accounts receivable and accounts payable
– Performs day‐to‐day general ledger accounting, financial reporting and analysis for assigned functional areas
– Performs balance sheet reconciliations, account analysis and accrual calculations
– Completes income statement analytics to recognize and recommend revenue drivers and cost containment
– Analyzes monthly financial reports, journal entry preparation and postings to the general ledger for various accounts
– Monitors and analyzes general ledger accounts to ensure the accuracy of financial information
– Prepares timely financial reports and/or invoices for internal users and external agencies
– Coordinates the development and tracking of budgets
– Coordinates accounting matters between departments
– Assists with audit projects and generates ad hoc reports as needed
– In conjunction with the Technology Manager, manages and updates the timesheet system
– Supports special projects related to process improvement and systems implementation
– Cross‐trains team members
– Manages the payroll, benefits administration and other human resource administrative functions
– Documents processes; Manages compliance with financial, personnel and other administrative policies
– Manages document retention and disposal
– Manages the receptionist
– Assists other team members with real estate‐related tasks
– Other duties as assigned.
– Passion about the mission of ACHIEVEability, has the highest standards of integrity, and will pass background checks
– 5 to 6 years experience in the operations of a business and/or nonprofit
– At least a bachelor’s degree in business, economics or related field (MBA/CPA a plus)
– Able to communicate financial concepts and relates well to persons and audiences with differing levels of financial knowledge and skills
– Time management skills; Attention to detail; Commitment to improving and documenting processes and achieving goals
– Flexibility; Ability to learn quickly.
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. On the subject line, indicate: Senior Accountant – YourFirstName YourLastName. In your cover letter, please tell us: (a) how you found out about this position, (b) your salary requirement, (c) why you want to work at ACHIEVEability and why you think you are a good fit for this position.
- Chief Racial Equity Officer, City of Philadelphia
- Engagement Partnerships Consulting Manager, City of Philadelphia
- Education Manager, Al-Bustan
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.