School Teacher, YESPhilly
Posted by on August 19, 2013
YESPhilly School Teacher Job Posting
2013-14 School Year
YESPhilly is a dynamic organization that engages youth who have dropped out of school and helps them transform their lives. Students come to YESPhilly because they want to learn. The new YESPhilly School will serve 100 students in a small, year-round, accelerated high school that combines academics, media arts and project-based learning. We seek talented, highly dedicated and qualified teachers who have secondary education certification in ELA, Math, Science or Social Studies. The ideal candidates will The YESPhilly School academic teacher will join a team of teachers to:
· Provide daily rigorous and relevant instruction in the core subject area – ELA, Math, Science or Social Studies
· Create a classroom that is alive with enriching activities and authentic learning
· Participate in curriculum development aligned to the Common Core Standards
· Assess and track student performance on daily, weekly and interim bases
· Analyze and use assessment data to refine curriculum and instructional practice
· Monitor and sustain a school culture of high academic and behavioral standards
Candidates should have the following additional qualifications:
- Demonstrated track record as a highly qualified classroom teacher in the appropriate core content subject area(s) with the target population;
- High degree of energy, flexibility, consistency and creativity in design and implementation of academic classes, including the use of media arts;
- Commitment to youth development and research-based educational innovation in literacy and/or math;
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a teaching team; and
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and technology skills;
- A valid Pennsylvania teaching certificate (i.e., Instructional I, II or Intern)
- Clearances including: PA Child Abuse, FBI Criminal Background Check, and FBI Fingerprint Check.
This is a 12-month position with a start date of August 19, 2013. Salary is $40,000 with a competitive benefits package. We encourage interested candidates to visit http://www.yesphilly.org for more information.
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter with your name and the position you are applying for in the subject line to [email protected]
YESPhilly is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Education Program Manager, HIAS PA
- Center Director, Childspace Centers
- Transportation Planning Intern, Streets Department
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.