School Safety Officers, School District of Phila.
Posted by School District of Philadelphia on July 13, 2021
The School District of Philadelphia is recruiting its newest class of School Safety Officers (SSO). SSOs ensure the safety and welfare of students, faculty, and staff, as well as school grounds. SSOs work with school administrators to foster school environments that are safe, supportive, and conducive to learning. Comprehensive pre-service training is provided to all new SSOs.
- Provides security for all School District facilities, including extracurricular activities and some Saturday activities; patrols school grounds and perimeters on foot or in a vehicle; reports unsafe conditions.
- Oversees building access by monitoring all entrances and visitors.
- Builds positive relationships with students, faculty and staff, and the surrounding community to establish a safe and supportive learning environment.
- Exhibits ethical and professional behavior; ensures that students are always treated with dignity and respect.
- Responds and investigates incidents and disturbances with efficiency; defuses and de-escalates misconduct or inappropriate student behavior.
- Completes, organizes and submits incident reports in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Vaccine Equity Project Manager (Consultant/Contractor), AFAHO – Jan 28
- Programs Assistant (Full-Time), AFAHO – Jan 31
- Staff Representative, AFT PA – Jan 26
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.