School Safety Officer, School District of Phila. – Jun 3
Posted by School District of Philadelphia on May 10, 2022
The School District of Philadelphia is recruiting its next class of School Safety Officers. School Safety Officers are guardians and mentors who build meaningful relationships, support positive student behavior, and peacefully resolve conflicts. Applications are now open for interviews in June 2022, and a target start date of August 1, 2022 for new Officers. All training and certifications are provided.
Ensures the safety and welfare of students, faculty, and staff, as well as school grounds. The School Safety Officer (SSO) will work with the Office of School Safety and school administrators to identify procedures that will help create a campus environment that is safe, supportive, and conducive to learning.
- Provides security for all School District facilities, including extracurricular activities and some Saturday activities; patrols school grounds and perimeters on foot or in a vehicle; reports unsafe conditions.
- Oversees building access by monitoring all entrances and visitors.
- Builds positive relationships with students, faculty, and staff, and the surrounding community to establish a safe and supportive learning environment.
- Exhibits ethical and professional behavior; ensures that students are always treated with dignity and respect.
- Responds and investigates incidents and disturbances with efficiency; defuses and de-escalates misconduct or inappropriate student behavior.
- Completes, organizes and submits incident reports in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Attend the School District of Philadelphia (SDP) School Safety Officer Hiring Fair on Friday, June 3, 2022, 1:00–5:00 PM, at 440 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19130. Learn more and register.
- Assistant Group Supervisor Aide Seasonal Summer 2022 (Full-Time Temporary)
- Gaudenzia Job Fair, Wilmington, DE – Jun 2
- Bicycle Coalition Youth Cycling Program Coordinator – Jun 17
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.