School Based Enrollment Specialist, Big Brothers Big Sisters Southeastern PA
Posted by Big Brothers Big Sisters Southeastern PA on November 3, 2014
JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING ORGANIZATION THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES. Big Brothers Big Sisters Southeastern PA (BBBS SEPA) is the largest BBBS agency in the state and fourth largest in the nation. Our mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. BBBS SEPA seeks a School-Based Enrollment Specialist. This full-time position requires some evening/weekend work, with the majority of time spent during traditional work hours. The position assists with Big and Little interviews and assessments during peak enrollment periods as well as some partnership development and volunteer recruitment responsibilities.
- Oversees volunteer enrollment by conducting individual volunteer orientations, interviews, and the completion of any other enrollment process, including checking references. Volunteer orientations and interviews are often conducted at the college campuses and corporations of BBBS partners.
- Conducts volunteer/client reassessments and updates as indicated, always maintaining accurate records. Assists in the tracking and processing of all school based volunteers.
- Reviews all enrollment information and assessments. Makes recommendations for participation in program based on all data, and effectively align volunteer interests and qualifications with service options of Agency.
- Makes recommendations to Match Support staff for subsequent training and support needs, and collaborates with other service delivery staff to ensure a smooth transition among functions.
- Conducts client/child enrollments including child interviews, child safety education, and all enrollment procedures; be highly proficient at applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures to all aspects of job.
- Assists with developing and managing relationships with potential volunteer sources. Conducts volunteer information sessions and follows leads volunteers through all aspects of the enrollment process.
- Administrative Assistant (Full-Time), Bridge Way School
- Art Teacher (Part-Time), Bridge Way School
- PE/Health & Life Skills Teacher (Part-Time), Bridge Way School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.