School Based Clinician, Northern Children’s Services
Posted by Northern Children's Services on December 01, 2014
Northern Children’s Services is seeking School Based Clinicians to work in our School Therapeutic Services (STS) Department. Under the supervision of the Clinical Manager of the Program, The School Based Clinician provides intensive psychotherapy services to a child in the School setting. Services provided by a School Based Clinician vary according to the individualized needs of a child and will always include the child as a participant in his/her own treatment as well as parent and other caretakers as members of the treatment team.
- Is available for crisis intervention and collaborates with child, family and other involved professionals to develop a crisis plan that can include behavioral contracts with the child and lists of community and therapeutic resources.
- Maintains contact with other members of the treatment team and assists in the implementation of the treatment plan. Helps develop daily routines, which will enhance the treatment approach indicated in the treatment plan.
- Documents collateral contacts with family and other entities involved with client treatment in his/her progress notes.
- Creates Initial Treatment Plan, and reviews and updates the Treatment Plan as necessary at least every 4 months of treatment.
- Provides child-centered, family-focused individual and family psychotherapy as appropriate, which addresses the defined problem areas in the treatment plan and is strength-based.
- Ensures that services provided to the child and family are unified and that there is continuity of care.
- Coordinates the overall clinical direction of treatment and determines, with the family and other involved professionals, any other necessary family or child support services (i.e., medication, psychological testing, community supports) and how they can be obtained by the family.
- Assesses strengths and therapeutic needs of child and family by using active listening, asking questions, and an exchange of information.
- Request for Proposals: General Adult Education and Digital Literacy – Sep 19
- Civic & Digital Media Cultivator, Cambodian Assoc. of Greater Phila.
- Teacher/Education Positions, Cambodian Assoc. of Greater Phila.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.