SCALE’s Read. Write. Act. Conference
Posted by on September 24, 2007
Register now for SCALE’s 2007 READ.WRITE.ACT. Conference, October 26 and 27 in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Early bird registration ends September 30:
Each year, READ.WRITE.ACT. features campus literacy leaders and representatives from across the nation who gather for an intensive weekend of workshops, round tables, and networking events. Campus programs, tutors, coordinators, adult learners, administrators, and community partners come to share information, learn new skills, challenge assumptions, and develop ideas to create more participatory literacy programs.
This year’s Keynote Speaker is Ami Dar, Executive Director of Action Without Borders, whose mission is to connect people, organizations, and resources to help build a world where all people can lead free and dignified lives. The core focus of its work is to provide a meeting point for individuals and organizations that seek to improve their communities, whether through promoting volunteerism and nonprofit careers, or by facilitating connections between people that can lead to personal and collective action. Action Without Borders is the home of Idealist, a web-based community of more than 61,000 organizations in 165 countries that have come together to share volunteer opportunities for community action.
-Celebrating Literacy and Diversity
-Literacy for Democracy
– Program Evaluation: Basic Tools for Program Staff
– Language and Literacy in Latino
– English Language Learners
– Strategy Based Tutoring
– Diversity: Acknowledging Difference, Seeking Common Ground
– Using Narrative as a Tool for Reflection
– ESOL Best-Practices Tutoring
OTHER WORKSHOP TOPICS WILL ADDRESS:
– Literacy policy and advocacy.
– Tutoring adolescent learners.
– Developing effective writing programs.
– Using technology to enhance literacy and service learning.
We hope to see you in Chapel Hill next month!
- Call for Proposals: Summit for Sustainable Schools – Jan 15
- Third Annual 1619 Project Education Conference (Virtual) – Feb 17-18
- Call for Presentations: 2024 Higher Education Suicide Prevention Conference – Jan 12
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.