Saving Homes/Saving Neighborhoods Outreach Coordinator
Posted by on March 29, 2010
Foreclosure Prevention Outreach Coordinator
Greater Philadelphia Urban Affairs Coalition (GPUAC)
(Position stationed at West Oak Lane CDC)
Job Title: Saving Homes/Saving Neighborhoods Outreach Coordinator
Saving Homes/Saving Neighborhoods is a foreclosure prevention initiative facilitated by GPUAC, Consumer Credit Counseling Service of the Delaware Valley (CCCSDV), The Reinvestment Fund (TRF) and Community Legal Services (CLS) focusing in West Oak Lane and Southwest Philadelphia. The overall goal of the program is to help people in financial trouble avoid foreclosure and increase their economic stability. The program addresses the impact of predatory lenders directly by working in the neighborhoods on a grass roots level to link residents to free help and non-predatory options. Outreach Coordinators canvas communities door to door and attend local events in order to engage neighborhood residents and leaders to increase awareness of the opportunities afforded by the Savings Homes/Saving Neighborhoods Resource Specialists and other partners.
Outreach Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work closely with CCCSDV Resource Specialists (housing and credit counselor) and GPUAC team to ensure the development and implementation of an outreach plan that will meet the project objectives.
2. Employ comprehensive door-to-door and community outreach tactics to promote availability of Saving Homes/Saving Neighborhoods resources in targeted neighborhood.
3. Provide at least 400 referrals to CCCSDV Resource Specialists for foreclosure prevention services between April 2010 to February 2011.
4. Provide at least 275 referrals to other agencies, including, CLS and the West Oak Lane CDC, for services such as foreclosure prevention, financial education, LIHEAP, housing counseling, public benefits, etc. between April 2010 to February 2011.
5. Complete all paper work, reporting and data base entry as required utilizing reporting tools designed by TRF/GPUAC, including ongoing survey of targeted neighborhood housing conditions.
6. Attend relevant staff meetings and provide feedback on progress as requested.
7. Be accessible to team members and partner organizations.
8. Incorporate and oversee VISTAs, volunteers and others who support the outreach effort.
• Experience with various outreach techniques, including door-to-door canvassing and small group presentations
• Knowledge of and comfort in West Oak Lane community
• Well organized and detail oriented
• Comfortable working on a team with other organizations and individuals; flexible, reliable, self motivated
• Flexible schedule, work may include Saturday and evening hours
• Exceptionally strong communications skills: presentations, one-on-one discussions, phone, written
• Strong computer skills, including ability to learn new programs and databases, create reports and communicate regularly via email
• Ability to travel independently
Salary and Hours:
Full time position with benefits. Salary commensurate with experience.
Email cover letter and resume to Megan Kiesel at email@example.com
- Art Teacher (Part-Time), Bridge Way School
- PE/Health & Life Skills Teacher (Part-Time), Bridge Way School
- Special Education Coordinator/Teacher (Part-Time), Bridge Way School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.