Meeting the Moment: University-School Partnerships to Address Pandemic Challenges – Jan 24
Posted by PHENND on November 23, 2021
This webinar is presented as a part of Penn’s MLK Symposium on Social Change, is sponsored by PHENND, the Netter Center for Community Partnerships and the African-American Resource Center. It will feature those involved in K-16 collaborations that have worked to address critical needs in school communities created by, or made worse by, the pandemic.
We’ll hear from partnerships involved in kindergarten readiness, academic support, student mental health, teacher morale and college access and persistence.
The event will take place on Zoom, Monday, January 24, 5:30-7:00 pm.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Principal Richard Gordon of Robeson High School
- Dr. Elaine Allard, Associate Professor of Educational Studies, Swarthmore College plus teacher partner TBA
- Bianca del Rio, Director of University Assisted Community Schools, University of Pennsylvania
- Andrea DiMola, K-12 Education Manager, West Philly Promise Neighborhood, Drexel University School of Education
- Jack Drummond, Director of Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Multicultural Student Engagement, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Moderator: Adiza Ezell, Associate Director of Admissions and Recruitment, School of Social Policy & Practice, University of Pennsylvania
More in "PHENND Events/Activities"
- PHENND Fellows Virtual Information Session – Feb 21
- PHENND Fellows Virtual Information Session – Jan 10
- Meeting the Moment: University-School Partnerships to Address Pandemic Challenges – Jan 24
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.