K-16 Partnerships June Institute: Building Educational Equity Beyond the Pandemic – Jun 1
Posted by PHENND on April 5, 2022
PHENND K-16 June Institute
Co-Sponsored By Teach Plus
Wednesday, June 1, 2022
9:00am to 4:30pm
Building Educational Equity Beyond the Pandemic
After two plus years of pandemic-related disruption, this is not a moment to simply return to “what was.” School closures and remote learning served to underscore the disparities and inequities among students and schools, the burdens placed on teachers and administrators and the lack of resources among many families and communities. Those are very real issues that we should not turn away from; in fact, we should use the lessons learned from the pandemic to imagine a system that works for all and begin the process of creating it.
At PHENND’s 2022 K-16 June Institute, our agenda will be inspired by the Phoenix Project report from Teach Plus who will also be co-sponsoring the event. The report lays out recommendations from educators in four key, interconnected areas:
- Thriving Students
- Thriving Educators
- Engaged Families and Communities
- Teaching and Learning in the 2020s
Teach Plus will present the findings from their research which includes input from educators across thirty states about the direction education should take. We’ll also have presentations and discussions with local exemplar programs that speak to the four areas outlined in the report. Finally, and most importantly, we hope to add your voice to the conversation.
Confirmed presenters include:
- West Philadelphia High School & Drexel University Justice Oriented Youth Education Lab partnership
- A Book a Day, Henry Lea School & Penn LGBT Center partnership
- PHENND Fellows program
- Philadelphia Learning Collaborative
- Teach Plus
- PA Educator Diversity Consortium
- Center for Black Educator Development
- Temple University College of Education
- Otis Hackney, Chief Education Officer, City of Philadelphia
The event is free to attend thanks to support from the Lindy Legacy Donor Advised Fund. Breakfast and lunch will be provided. More details and the agenda will be posted as they are confirmed.
More in "PHENND Events/Activities"
- Apply for the Lindy Award for Excellence in K-16 Partnerships – Apr 21
- Webinar: Nurturing Transfer Aspirations through a Digital Storytelling Collaboration – Mar 30
- AmeriCorps College and Career Coaches, Promise Corps
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.