K-16 Partners Network Meeting: Collaborative Approaches to Improving Health and Wellness through Organized Sports, Physical/Health Education and After School Programming
Posted by PHENND on February 19, 2018
Wednesday, April 25, 2018 2:45 – 4:30 PM
School District of Philadelphia, 440 N. Broad St., Room 1072
Register here: http://tiny.cc/K16sports_health
The theme of this meeting draws from our upcoming PHENND Annual Conference on “Health,” but will have a specific focus on university partnerships that support health and wellness in our K-12 schools.
From the School District of Philadelphia –
- Bettyann Creighton, Executive Director, Health, Safety, Nutrition and Physical Education
From the Netter Center for Community Partnerships at the University of Pennsylvania –
- Paulette Branson, Director of University Assisted Community School Sports
- Jennifer Chu, Director of Young Quakers Community Athletics Program
- Paige Lombard, Associate Director of Young Quakers Community Athletics Program
Who should attend?
- University faculty, staff and students who work with or are interested in working with K-12 schools
- Non-profits and community programs who are interested in partnerships with colleges, universities and K-12 schools.
- K-12 teachers, administrators and staff interested in partnerships.
PHENND University Partner Meetings bring together university, nonprofit, and school-based practitioners around common themes. Attendees will have the chance to ask questions to all presenters, network with peers and obtain concrete information on how to connect with the School District. The three main goals for K-16 University Partners meetings are:
- provide practitioners with “take aways” (e.g. ideas you can adapt for use in your own programs)
- exposure to new and innovative programs and practices
- introduction to key School District personnel and strategies
More in "PHENND Events/Activities"
- Sustainable Cities and Communities: SDG 11 Unveiling – May 26
- Climate Collaborative of Greater Phila. Virtual Boot Camp – May 5&12
- PHENND Fellows Virtual Info Session – May 9
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.