Save the Date: K-16 June Institute: Education as Community-Building – Jun 3
Posted by PHENND on April 27, 2021
Save the date for the 2021 K-16 Partnerships Network June Institute taking place June 3rd, 9:30 AM-12:00 PM.
This year’s theme will be focused on our interpretation of what we need most, as we emerge from month of pandemic-induced virtual learning, a time during which educational inequalities were simultaneously exacerbated and laid bare. We are committing to an unprecedented focus on “Education as Community-Building.” If we have learned anything this year, it’s that children (and adults) need to be in relationship with each other as humans for our educational capacities to thrive.
How can we make the most of our return to the classroom next year with an emphasis on rebuilding community, that most necessary condition for learning?
Join us for the following elements, still being confirmed:
- Plenary panel of current school principals
- Presentation of Lindy Award for Excellence in K-16 Partnerships
- Breakout sessions framed by the four pillars of community schools, as presented in the Learning Policy Institute’s 2017 report, “Community Schools as an Effective School Improvement Strategy: A Review of the Evidence.”
- Integrated student supports
- Expanded and enriched learning time and opportunities
- Family and community engagement
- Collaborative leadership and practices
Registration is now open here. This event is free and made possible by support from the Lindy Legacy Donor Advised Fund.
More in "PHENND Events/Activities"
- College Resources event for rising first year students – May 14
- Save the Date: K-16 June Institute: Education as Community-Building – Jun 3
- Application available: 21-22 Trauma-Informed Teaching Series – May 31
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.