K-16 June Institute: Education as Community-Building – Jun 3
Posted by PHENND on April 27, 2021
Register now for the 2021 K-16 Partnerships Network June Institute taking place June 3rd, 9:30 AM-12:00 PM.
This year’s theme will be focused on our interpretation of what we need most, as we emerge from month of pandemic-induced virtual learning, a time during which educational inequalities were simultaneously exacerbated and laid bare. We are committing to an unprecedented focus on “Education as Community-Building.” If we have learned anything this year, it’s that children (and adults) need to be in relationship with each other as humans for our educational capacities to thrive.
How can we make the most of our return to the classroom next year with an emphasis on rebuilding community, that most necessary condition for learning?
Join us for the following:
- Plenary panel of current school principals featuring Ted Domers of Carver High School, Aliya Catanch-Bradley of Bethune School, and AP Mary Gorman of Elkin School moderated by Dr. Brian Peterson, Director of Makuu Black Cultural Center, University of Pennsylvania
- Presentation of Lindy Award for Excellence in K-16 Partnerships
- Presentation of results from the School District of Philadelphia’s recent survey of families and community partners on spending priorities for American Rescue Plan funding by Uri Monson, Chief Financial Officer
- Breakout sessions framed by the pillars of community schools, as presented in the Learning Policy Institute’s 2017 report, “Community Schools as an Effective School Improvement Strategy: A Review of the Evidence.”
- Expanded and enriched learning time and opportunities – anchored by Penn’s Netter Center for Community Partnerships
- Collaborative leadership and practices – anchored by St. Josephs’ University & Gompers School
Registration is now open here. This event is free and made possible by support from the Lindy Legacy Donor Advised Fund.
More in "PHENND Events/Activities"
- Trauma-Informed Teaching Series – Fall cohort
- Webinar: Solar Successes & Lessons Learned: Case Studies from PA Schools – Jun 8
- Education-Based Service Fair – Jun 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.