SAT Instructor, Mighty Writers
Posted by on August 19, 2013
Mighty Writers’ SAT Prep program is second to none in Philadelphia. We create rigorous, high-quality SAT Prep and offer it for free to our city’s youth. If this is the kind of mission you can get behind, we’d love to hear from you. Our Mighty SAT instructors believe in high standards and educational equity, and being a part of a strong team is important to them. Our competitive hourly wage compensates instructors for lesson planning time and test scoring time in addition to classroom time. The class in need of an instructor this fall will meet Monday through Thursday from 6:00-8:00 p.m. at Mighty Writers West, located at 3861 Lancaster Ave. The instructor will also proctor three practice tests and lead a parent information session.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, English, Education or a related discipline.
- At least two years experience teaching SAT Prep for a nationally recognized institution, or minimum five years’ teaching experience at the high school level or higher.
- An energetic, outgoing, and friendly teaching style.
- Plan dynamic and directed course curriculum and lessons relating to both strategy and content review.
- Conduct 24 two-hour lessons in reading, math and writing multiple choice.
- Proctor at least one SAT Practice test (3.5 hours each).
- Work with Mighty Writers program director to organize two (2) two-hour parent sessions (past themes have included applying to college and FAFSA).
- Be punctual for all sessions, arriving at least ten minutes early.
- Score practice tests and keep a record of student attendance and test scores.
- Keep an up-to-date student attendance sheet and notify the Program Director if a student has two consecutive absences.
- Education Program Manager, HIAS PA
- Center Director, Childspace Centers
- Transportation Planning Intern, Streets Department
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.