Sandbox Collective Happy Hour
Posted by Sandbox Collective on April 27, 2015
You’re invited to the Monthly Sandbox Gathering. On May 14, we are hosting an EVENING/HAPPY HOUR event. And at this event, in addition to networking (and mini-golf!) we will be celebrating the Out-of-School-Time Resource Center, which is closing its doors in July, and all of the work they’ve done to bring programs together, to host networking events, to curate and archive valuable resources and to conduct research on the field.
So come play mini-golf, get re-charged for the last two months leading up to summer; network with others and get ideas for the final PBL, brainstorm ways to partner on summer projects, strategies on summer staffing/training and celebrate Nancy, John and Laura, the team of the OSTRC. You won’t want to miss this!
We are requesting a $12 donation to cover the costs of the event.
The Goals of The Sandbox Collective: To create an alternative to traditional professional development experiences and to host a forum for networking, resource sharing and collaboration for adults who: work with, on behalf of, and advocate for youth in Philadelphia.
You should join us if these guiding principles resonate with you:
- You use a strengths-based approach to work with youth, families & communities;
- You have an interest in collaborating with adults who work with, for, and/or on behalf of youth;
- You look at your work as a juicy extension of your purpose;
- A part of you wants to create from outside of the ‘systems’;
- You think that work and play can co-exist;
- You are seeking thought/test partners who share similar values abut their approach to working with youth, families, & communities
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- PA STEM Coalition Meeting: Environmental Education and Education for Sustainability Panel Discussion – Nov 4
- Collaborating Across the Aisle: Supporting Students As They Transition from High School to College Classroom – Nov 19
- Lunch & Learn on Equity in Our Community – Nov 18
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.