Salesforce Database Coordinator
Posted by Philadelphia Yearly Meeting on November 2, 2021
The Salesforce Database Coordinator supports the the staff and the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (PYM) community through making available accurate and detailed data on programs, communications, development, membership and contact information, and the people serving in governance and meeting roles. This is done through collaborative and team-based work facilitated by the Coordinator and through effective management of the database structure and processes.
- Database oversight: Provide oversight of all data operations. Serve as the centralized administrator of the database and provide customization and optimization for apps and integrations, including those related to contact, role and relationship management, event management (Fonteva), communications data management (Pardot), and development (Apsona and Acceptiva).
- Importing Data: Manage all data entry, whether manually or through synching with other systems (such as WordPress forms, events, and donations). Solicit data as needed from staff or governance or community members and meetings. Ensure the data entered is accurate. Develop and manage procedures to ensure 100% accuracy.
- Gift tracking: Manually enter incoming financial contributions as needed; ensure all gift entries, manual and imported, are accurate and timely; manage the gift acknowledgement processes.
- Exporting data: Develop, organize, and manage reports for all database users to meet their specific needs and timelines. Support digital and direct mail by generating mailing lists for events, communications, and development. Generate donor acknowledgements, including emails, tax receipts and notecards.
- Data process improvement: Identify possibilities to make importing and exporting of data more efficient and to improve user experience at data touch points such as online forms for email subscription/preferences, event registration.
- Data standards: Maintain, and develop as needed, the internal structure of the database to meet the current and potential future needs for data. Establish standard procedures and ensure they are usable by all relevant staff.
- Staff use of data: Ensure staff have the data for their specific purposes and have the right level of access to meet their needs, knowing this will be different for different staff positions. Train staff to use the database and/or develops procedures for requesting and using data, as relevant to their work.
- Managing the data team: Identify topics that require a team approach to support the database and data. Identify the data team participants – both steady and ad hoc and communicate clearly with them about the work needing their attention. Develop the agenda and facilitate the meetings.
- Serve as contact for outside data contacts: Work with independent and organizational contractors and consultants who serve our database. Manage technology subscriptions.
- With all staff, attend Annual Sessions and Continuing Sessions. Support programs and logistics in advance, on site, and afterwards as needed, especially in terms of data needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Application deadline: position is open until filled
- Executive Director, Cloud 9 Community Farms
- Manager of Communications, Women’s Way
- Vaccine Equity Project Manager (Consultant/Contractor), AFAHO – Jan 28
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.