Sales Intern, Philadelphia Community Corps
Posted by Philadelphia Community Corps on August 1, 2016
Interested in being a part of a dynamic, rapidly developing nonprofit organization? We are currently seeking motivated, versatile interns to join our team for the summer! See the listings below for the positions available. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Alex McNeil – email@example.com. Learn more about our organization by visiting our website: http://www.philadelphiacommunitycorps.org.
All positions require about 8 – 12 hours/week, preferably two to three days a week in our North East Philadelphia office. Compensation: These are unpaid/volunteer internships
Sales Intern Job Description
The Sales Intern will assist the Salvage Sales Manager in maintaining customer and inventory databases. This includes, but is not limited to, identifying prospective buyers in the region and elsewhere, researching prices for reclaimed building materials, and taking photographs and logging materials. The Intern will develop valuable skills in sales procedures, methods and strategies, particularly of reclaimed building materials.
● Record and update information of existing and incoming building materials (photographs, dimensions, price range, etc) in internal and online inventory databases.
● Maintain and add to current customer database and call queue.
● Work with Sales manager to identify target markets and develop strategies for the sale of our current and incoming inventory.
● Work with Marketing team to prepare newsletter to advertise inventory.
● Help maintain documentation and reports of sales transactions and activities.
● Background and strong interest in sales required.
● Background and strong interest in deconstruction and building material salvage and reuse strongly prefered.
● Detail oriented.
● Experience in office setting, handling day-to-day administrative tasks.
● Strong written and oral communication skills.
● Customer service skills, especially via phone and email.
● Ability to work independently as well as part of a team with minimal supervision.
● Ability to balance multiple projects at once.
● Experience with ecommerce: eBay, craigslist, pinterest, etc.
● Experience with Google Forms, Doodle, Wiggio, or similar online resources prefered.
● Must have reliable transportation.
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Partners Needed: Safe-Hub Tent-or-Treat – Oct 29
- Mayor’s Volunteer Corps Portal
- Volunteers Needed: NUAD Violence Prevention Program
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.