Safe Routes Philly Coordinator
Posted by City of Philadelphia on May 10, 2022
In Philadelphia, where a majority of students walk, bike, or take public transit to school, safe transportation skills are essential to kids’ health and wellbeing. The City of Philadelphia is committed to providing access to quality traffic safety education to Philadelphia children and families. Safe Routes Philly (SRP) is Philadelphia’s youth transportation safety education program. In 2021 the City of Philadelphia launched new SRP curriculum, branding, digital and print resources for educators, children, and families.
The Safe Routes Philly Coordinator is an integral part of the OTIS team and Vision Zero efforts. The Safe Routes Philly Coordinator leads transportation safety education programs including Safe Routes Philly and Vision Zero Youth Ambassador program. The Coordinator develops and maintains partnerships with individual schools, children and families, and partner agencies like the School District of Philadelphia. The Coordinator leads a train-the-trainer model reach the goal of implementing traffic safety education in 25% of Philadelphia elementary schools by 2025.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, public health, sociology, or related field
- 2-3 years of professional experience
- Project coordination and community engagement experience
- We welcome and encourage applicants with non-traditional career paths. If you don’t exactly meet the qualifications outlined here, please apply and describe in your cover letter how your own experiences equip you to excel in this position.
- Associate Director (2 Positions), Civic House, UPenn – Jun 5
- Associate Director, Workforce & Economic Impact, Drexel – May 29
- Executive Director, ArtWell – Jun 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.