Sacred Places/Civic Spaces Launch & Precedent Exhibition
Posted by Partners for Sacred Places on May 21, 2018
Launch & Precedent Exhibition
Tuesday, June 5, 2018 | 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Center for Architecture and Design, 1218 Arch Street
How can historic sacred places support civic engagement, social cohesion, and neighborhood equity?
Join the Community Design Collaborative and Partners for Sacred Places to launch a new, neighborhood-focused initiative. Together, we’ll explore ideas for activating Philadelphia’s underutilized historic sacred properties to expand the civic commons, serve a larger secular purpose, and strengthen communities.
- Be here for the reveal of the three sites and design teams who will collaborate through the Sacred Places/Civic Spaces Design Challenge.
- Draw inspiration from remarks by keynote Rev. Tim Safford, Rector of Christ Church in Philadelphia.
- Celebrate the gallery opening of the Sacred Places/Civic Spaces Precedent Exhibition highlighting national best practices, on display from June 1 – July 31.
Register today! Join the congregations, communities, designers, advisors, advocates, nonprofits, and policy makers who want to take action on this critical community issue.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- PA STEM Coalition Meeting: Environmental Education and Education for Sustainability Panel Discussion – Nov 4
- Collaborating Across the Aisle: Supporting Students As They Transition from High School to College Classroom – Nov 19
- Lunch & Learn on Equity in Our Community – Nov 18
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.