Roadmap for Growth: Combatting Homelessness through Economic Empowerment
Posted by Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce on May 21, 2018
Wednesday, May 30, 2018
8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
While conversations around workforce development are happening all over the city, organizations are still struggling to find tangible ways to bring more nontraditional populations into the workforce, particularly the homeless and panhandling communities. At this event, businesses will share their success stories and provide practical solutions that can grow your business while still having a positive impact on Philadelphia. Join us for a discussion on these collaborative efforts underway.
Please note that free parking is available on-site.
Dave Shaffer, CEO, First Step Staffing
Originally from Atlanta, First Step Staffing merged with a for-profit staffing firm earlier this year to hire from the homeless and formerly incarcerated communities.
- Julie Coker Graham, President and CEO, Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau (PHLCVB)
- Steven Cook, Co-Founder, CookNSolo Restaurant Partners & Rooster Soup Co.
- Grace Manning, Manager of Social Impact and Administration, Saxbys
- Joanne McFall, Market President, Keystone First
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Save the Date: Black Generational Wealth Series 2023 – Feb 25
- The Longest Night 2022: find comfort in the midst of your struggles – Dec 21
- Webinar: How to Get Help with Your Property Taxes – Dec 12
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.