Right To Council: Don’t face eviction alone
Posted by City of Philadelphia on February 1, 2022
Starting February 1, 2022, Philadelphia will be the 7th city in the nation to guarantee a Right To Council for tenants! This is a pilot program for renters in zip codes 19121 and 19139.
With this initiative, our city continues to lead the way in preventing evictions and keeping tenants safely housed.
Philadelphia’s new Right to Counsel law guarantees free legal representation to eligible low-income renters. Eligible renters have a Right to Counsel when they face:
- Eviction proceedings.
- Lease or other tenancy termination proceedings.
- PHA housing subsidy termination proceedings.
Under these circumstances, Right to Counsel is available for:
- Judicial proceedings, such as those in Municipal Court.
- Administrative proceedings, such as those held by the Fair Housing Commission.
Visit the Right to Council webpage to learn more!
More in "New Resources"
- New Report: Evidence of the Impact of AmeriCorps Investments in Communities
- New PPL Policy Brief: Cash Bail Reform: Empirical Evidence and Policy Recommendations
- PhillyGoes2College Resources
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.