ReStore Retail Incentive Grants Info Session
Posted by on January 5, 2009
It is with great pleasure that The Merchants Fund announces the availability of $500,000 for ReStore Retail Incentive Grants. TMF will present a request for proposals on January 7th, 2009 at 2:00 pm at the Center for Architecture, 1218 Arch Street.
· Grants must have at least two primary partners: a community not-for-profit who will act as the grant and project manager and a future or current retail business owner. New ventures and existing businesses are welcome to apply.
· The goal is to upgrade or establish high quality retail in the neighborhoods of Philadelphia. Identified businesses should fulfill neighborhood development plans. Businesses must be located adjacent to or on a commercial corridor.
· It is anticipated that 10 grants of $50,000 each will be made. Grants will pay for capital improvements necessary to fit out a retail space for the identified business. Requests for operating or working capital will not be considered. Grants will be very competitive and are last dollar funds. Partners will have to demonstrate the ability to fund the entire project from start to finish including the Incentive Grant.
· Timeline: RFP presentation January 7th
Proposals Due On: Friday, February 27th
Decisions within two to three weeks based on response volume
· Incentive Grants are being administered separately from TMF grants. Application and requirements and will be made available before January 7th. TMF may chose to co-grant or not based on the qualifications of the merchant and the business. The next TMF grant deadline will be Monday, February 2, 2009. Stay tuned for web updates and a detailed email.
At least one key partner is encouraged to attend the RFP session. We will be taking attendance. Application material will be available at the presentation.
Many thanks to the Center for Architecture, The AIA Book Store and The Philadelphia Design Collaborative for letting use their new space. If you have not already visited the new site you will be delighted to explore this great new location.
The Merchants Fund is making this new program available through funding from the City of Philadelphia Commerce Department.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- PA STEM Coalition Meeting: Environmental Education and Education for Sustainability Panel Discussion – Nov 4
- Collaborating Across the Aisle: Supporting Students As They Transition from High School to College Classroom – Nov 19
- Lunch & Learn on Equity in Our Community – Nov 18
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.